The Cologne Evolution

Men should smell good. And I don't mean just good.

Men should smell reeeally good.

Aside from gym sessions, I think we should always strive to elicit double-takes from women solely based on our scent.

Work? Yup.

At home? Yup.

Weekends? Yup.

Out with friends? Of course.

Personally, I can think of two colognes that I have owned in the last ten or some odd years that have truly stood out among the rest in terms of double-takes and a bombardment of "excuse me, what cologne are you wearing?" encounters with the lady folk.

In college, it was Aqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani. Since joining the professional world, it has been Polo Black by Ralph Lauren.

If you've ever smelled those two colognes, I think it's quite easy to realize my style. A bit sweeter and sportier -- as I've never been a rigid, or musty sort of guy.

But now my stock is running low, so I'm in search of the next great female-head-turning fragrance for dudes... and I think I just found it.

I was thumbing through the latest issue of Men's Health Magazine when I came across the advertisment for Gucci by Gucci.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

Gucci's latest spray-on sex appeal seems to be the natural progression in my cologne evolution. Still on the sweeter side, but even more refined than my trusty Polo Black.

The ad describes the cologne as such:

Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme combines classic masculine appeal with cool, contemporary elegance, and is inspired by the warmth and sensuality of incense.

I'm wondering... have you tried Gucci? If so, is it worth the cash?

Which colognes have you found to work the best?

What has been your cologne evolution?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment